Rainhill Village Life - Supported by your Labour Councillors

Saturday, May 06, 2006

MY THANK YOU TO RAINHILL RESIDENTS

The cameras were there in force in a packed Assembly Hall after the polls closed on Thursday evening. No, they weren't much interested in yours truly, but wanted to see if our Leader Marie Rimmer was able to hold onto her seat. Thankfully she did comfortably, much to the dismay of her opponents.

I watched Rainhill's votes being counted up and soon realised that the majority of our residents had given me the power to continue the team effort that Mike Doyle, Joe DeAsha and myself had started almost two years ago on behalf of the local residents.

A big THANK YOU to all who supported me this year.


Unusually, I suppose for the cameras, we were paraded onto the stage for the declarations and in due course it was my turn. I think I would have preferred to chair an angry residents' meeting as the atmosphere was electric and yours truly's heart rate started to soar.

Back to the real world and my monthly surgery next week.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Counter
Bpath Counter